Dr Deirdre Fitzgerald
MB BCh BAO BMed Sc IMRCSI DOHNS MCh FRCSI (ORL-HNS)
Deirdre Fitzgerald MB BCh BAO BMed Sc IMRCSI DOHNS MCh FRCSI (ORL-HNS) is a Consultant Ear, Nose, Throat & Facial Plastic Surgeon.
Deirdre treats adults and children for all of the common ENT problems, such as hearing loss, tonsillitis, hoarseness, snoring and sleep apnoea, along with her dual sub-specialist interests of Rhinology (nose & sinuses) and Facial Plastic Surgery.
Since graduating from University College Dublin in 2002, she has attained her Bachelor of Medical Science, Diploma of Head & Neck Surgery, Masters in Surgery for her thesis on Voice, and Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Deirdre has worked in Irish, Australian and UK ENT Departments. In 2015, she worked as an ENT Consultant at St Vincent’s University Hospital, prior to taking up the prestigious London St George’s Fellowship in Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery. At St George’s, she received world-class training under ENT, Facial Plastic, Anterior Skull Base, Maxillofacial and Moorfields-Oculoplastic Surgeons. She went on to found the Dublin branch of Fitzgerald Private Clinic, upon her return to Ireland, in 2017, and also continues to operate in the Beacon Hospital.
Deirdre has presented her research internationally and has won several awards. She is enrolled on the Specialist Register in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, with both the Irish Medical Council and the UK GMC. She is a member of the ENT UK, Facial Plastic Surgery UK, the European Association of Facial Plastic Surgery, the Royal Society of Medicine, London, and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Deirdre is regularly invited to teach on the London Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course for surgical trainees and is also a member of teaching faculty for the London Step-by-Step: Rhinoplasty course.
Deirdre is a founding member of the Beacon Rapid Response Rhinology, Asthma & Allergy Team, and works closely with Respiratory and Allergy Colleagues to optimise patient quality of life.
Deirdre is the only surgeon in Ireland currently offering Entellus Balloon Sinuplasty and has pioneered Balloon Eustachian Tube Dilatation, for the treatment of Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, in Ireland.
What is a Facial Plastic Surgeon?
A Facial Plastic Surgeon does not perform plastic procedures below the neck. A particular strength of the subspecialty facial plastic surgery is that experts from different areas combine their skill and artistry to bring the best possible care, knowledge, and treatment to the patient. Given that it is extremely difficult to excel at all of the surgeries included in the repertoire of a General Cosmetic surgeon, a Facial Plastic Surgeon will usually perform only surgeries of the head and neck in order to perfect his/her abilities in this area. Deirdre is a member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery UK, and is a teacher at the London Facial Plastic Surgery Course and also the St George’s London Rhinoplasty Course.
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- FESS: Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (polyps and all sinus disease)
- DCR: Dacrocystorhinostomy tear duct surgery
- Endoscopic Orbital Decompression
- Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Voice problems, including in professional voice users
- Rapid access Fibreoptic Laryngoscopy Clinics
- Hearing Loss in adults & children Ear Infections
- Rapid Access Microsuction Clinics (wax and infection)
- Eustachian Tube Balloon Dilatation
- Ear Lobe Reconstruction Surgery
- Removal of Skin Lesions
Full range of Non-Surgical Facial Aesthetic Procedures
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections/ Fillers/ Chemical Peels/ HIFU and RF Skin Rejuvenation
- Aesthetic Skin care and consultations
- Fitzgerald Private Clinic, Dublin & Donegal
- Beacon Hospital, Dublin & Wexford Beacon for Kids, Dublin
- Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, Dublin
- Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin
- St. Vincents Private Hospital, Dublin